Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
TEC performs Phase I ESAs to help identify Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) pursuant to the ASTM standard. We evaluate site conditions involving hazardous substances, current and historical site use, and other historical information. TEC inspects the property and conducts interviews with pertinent individuals such as state and/or local regulatory officials and current and/or previous site owners and operators.
Phase I ESAs allow purchasers, tenants, owners, lenders or property managers to satisfy one of the requirements to qualify for the innocent landowner, contiguous property owner, or bona fide prospective purchaser limitations on CERCLA liability.
- Transaction screens (TS)
- Leaking underground storage tank (LUST) database review
- Sanborn fire insurance map review
- Historical topographic map review
- ASTM Standard E1527-13 (All Appropriate Inquiry)
- ASTM Standard E1527-05 (older version)